Jingel Bell

Marrying A resident of Mexico? Ways to get a Green Card for the New Spouse

Marrying A resident of Mexico? Ways to get a Green Card for the New Spouse

Whether marrying in Mexico or in the U.S., ensure your wedding is legitimate and discover exactly exactly just how it may qualify the new spouse for U.S. Permanent residence.

If you should be marrying somebody from Mexico, and intend to sponsor the new wife or husband for the U.S. Green card (lawful permanent residence), the following is some essential legal and practical information.

(Warning: this might be an overview that is general of the method works well with many people. Your circumstances may provide problems or be eligible for a exceptions; see legal counsel for a full analysis. )

Immigration Eligibility Predicated On Engagement or Wedding

First, a little history on U.S. Immigration law. Wedding up to a U.S. Citizen or legal resident that is permanent foreign-born people an immediate way to U.S. Immigration. Contrary to popular rumor, but, these people never straight away or automatically enjoy green cards or U.S. Citizenship.

Through the application process if you are a U.S. Citizen, your new spouse becomes your “immediate relative, ” and may receive a green card as soon as the two of you make it. This will probably simply just take half a year to a or even longer year.

Then your new spouse can apply for a green card, if desired if you are not yet married and your fiance(e) is still in Mexico, you can, if you are a U.S. (more…)

Continue Reading
Close Menu